Serving It Right Final Exam
To obtain your Serving It Right (SIR) certificate, you must
- Pass an exam on the course material
- Confirm that you’ve read and understood the course material
- Declare that you completed the exam on your own and in good faith
Your purchase includes 3 attempts for the final exam. If you don't pass the exam after your 3rd try, you can retake the exam for the price of $35.
Even if this isn't your first time getting certified, we still recommend going through the course material to refresh your knowledge and maybe even learn something new. This course is self-paced so you can progress at your own speed. If you're already familiar with the content, you won't need to spend as much time on it as someone who is brand new to the industry
Online Serving It Right Course Material
The online Serving It Right (SIR) program is an interactive, self-study course that will educate you about your legal responsibilities when serving liquor.
Serving It Right is British Columbia’s responsible liquor sales and service program for industry workers, that everyone involved in the sale and service of liquor has to take. It is designed to help make sure that the service and sale of liquor is done according to law and in a way that keeps customers, guests and others safe from alcohol-related harms. Other provinces have similar responsible liquor service programs.
The course provides effective techniques to prevent problems related to the service of liquor and covers topics such as:
- Signs of intoxication
- Legal liability
- Reducing alcohol over-consumption
- Reducing impaired driving
- Reducing the risk of violence
- Preventing the sale of alcohol to a minor
- Duty of care on and off premises, and
- The necessity to create and enforce responsible beverage service policies
- Getting Started with Serving It Right
- Alcohol Effects and Intoxication
- Alcohol and the Law
- Responsible Beverage Service